Best travel compact camera. Used camera values.
Best Travel Compact Camera
- A point-and-shoot camera, also called a compact camera, is a still camera designed primarily for simple operation . Most use focus free lenses or autofocus for focusing, automatic systems for setting the exposure options, and have flash units built in.
- Commonly refers to a point-and-shoot camera.
- The general term for small, light cameras designed for convenience. While they do not offer interchangeable lenses, they are perfectly usable for snapshots, and some do employ high-performance optics. Ideal for travel or “visual notebook” applications.
- Journeys, esp. long or exotic ones
- (of a device) Designed so as to be sufficiently compact for use on a journey
- change of location: a movement through space that changes the location of something
- the act of going from one place to another; "he enjoyed selling but he hated the travel"
- The action of traveling, typically abroad
- change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically; "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"; "news
Gear for St Petersburg (ATM)
I am going to travel to this beautiful city this summer and thus I am constantly changing my mind about what to take.
Photography will be the main subject of this trip, so it wouldn't make sense to only go with a very basic set.
This is what my present set-up looks like. OK, it might change again... ;-)
And here the list (MF and AF mixed):
- Zenitar 2.8/16 Fisheye (as a really wide prime lens)
- Sigma EX 1.8/24 (as a fast wide angle, eff. 38mm)
- Nikkor-O 2.0/35 (as a fast "normal" lens, eff. 56mm)
- Leica Summicron-R 2.0/50 (as a fast short tele, eff. 80mm)
- Steinheil Culminar 2.8/85 (for very special pictorial effects and its soooo small)
- Leica Elmar-R 4/180 (for the long tele shots, eff. 288mm)
- Tokina AT-X Pro 4/12-24 (as a superwide angle lens)
- Sigma 18-125 OS (as a stabilized standard lens to start every day with)
I've chosen the...
... Culminar over the Nikkor 1.8/85 and the Volna-3 2.8/80, because the Culminar is ever so compact!
... Leica Elmar 4/180 over the Jupiter 4/200 and the Soligor 70-220 and the Tamron 60-300, because the Elmar is the best of these lenses and the smallest one!
... Leica Summicron 50 over the Nikkor 1.4/50, the Zuiko 1.4/50 and the Canon EF 1.8/50, because the Summicron is the best qualitywise and I don't think I need a faster than f2 lens there.
... Nikkor 2.0/35 over the Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35 and the Vivitar 2.0/28, because the Nikkor is the best of both worlds: as fast as the Vivitar and as good as the Leica.
... Yashica Electro 35 GS over my other rangefinder cams, because it has the best (and fastest) lens and it very reliable.
... Minox 35 GL over the Leica C2, because the Minox has a faster lens and is so incredibly small!
... Sigma 18-125 over the Sigma 17-70 and the Canon EF.S 17-85, because the 18-125 has the longest reach plus it offers the OS that the 17-70 lacks.
... Tokina 4/12-24 because I do not have an alternative - and don't need one.
... Sigma 1.8/24 over the Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24, because the Sigma is a lot faster.
... Zenitar 2.8/16 Fisheye over the Vivitar 3.5/17, the Nikkor UD 3.5/20 and the CZJ 4/20, because the Zenitar is the widest, the fisheye effect is easily correctable with a crop cam and it would "come home" to where it was built. ;-)
... Lumix FX-37 as a P&S with wide angle capability.
... EOS 350D and 40D because these are my favourite cameras.
... Gossen LunaSix 3, because it is fun to use.
Over-Shadowing - Old Town Barcelona S0231e
I walked past this statue after dinner in Old Town Barcelona. I find the enlarged shadow quite interesting. So I took a shot with my compact Fuji S1600 handheld. The statue is located in the Roman remains site.
The shadow reminds me one thing.
There are more and more historic sites or buildings in Barcelona and other cities being elected as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
This is the global trend. More and more countries tried to make more places as World Heritage. It is like over-shadowing on the other ones which are not.
I think the World Heritage status sometimes does not help on conservation of the site because more tourists or visitors will go to these sites as result of the fame.
I would like to visit those places before they are elected as World Heritage!
spy camera pen india
ccd camera scientific
canon camera singapore
hidden camera in bangalore
nikon coolpix p100 digital camera review
define camera lens